Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Guide and Tools
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Your website is one among the millions of websites on the Internet. Recently, Verisign has reported that global domain name registrations are fast approaching to 200 Million and there are more than 10 billion search queries done on Google alone. How to get those googlers to your website? The one line answer is search engine optimization.
- Define: Search Engine Optimization.
- SEO is the process by which a website may receive improved rankings and visibility on the Internet search engines. It involves altering the web page content in a structured way to get indexed by the search engines for the desired keyword(s).
Search Engine Optimization Basics
Your website's success on search engines depends on multiple factors. In fact, Google has stated that they use more than 200 signals to determine the search engine rankings for their search results. You should make your content readable and do not try to stuff the web page with irrelevant content with your keywords. Your visitors will not appreciate that and you will lose the visitors soon.
We have listed out the basic steps, which you can do on your website, to improve the web page quality.
- Use unique and accurate web page title.
- Use good Meta tag description.
- Use relevant heading tags ( H1, H2, H3...) to mark up the content.
- Content should be marked up in bold, when it is relevant.
- You may hyperlink (<a> tag) the relevant web pages or other websites. Improve the navigation.
- Create optimized images for fast loading. Offer alternate text for images.
- Use URL canonicalization to identify duplicate content.
Find the steps to improve overall website indexing.
- Create sitemaps for web pages, videos and images.
- Create a better robots.txt file
- Speed up the content delivery by using gzip
- Use a Content Delivery Network to reduce the network response times for your global visitors
- Make use of Cache to improve performance of your website.
- Develop the website based on standards. Do not create website for one particular browser.
- Use CSS sprites
- Follow the best practices to speed up the website.
Please visit this webpage again to learn more about Search Engine Optimization.