SEO Tips: Ways to Get Backlinks to Your Website
Backlinks or inbound links are the key to achieving high rankings in search engines. So to get your website to the top you not only need to optimize your webpages for your targeted keywords but also have to build as many backlinks......
There are several ways to get backlinks to your site. Here's how......
- Send Link Exchange Requests to Potential Links Partners Before starting a link exchange campaign.
- You need to create a link directory that will be used to provide a link back to your potential link partners.
- Your website is ready to exchange link with other webmasters once the directory created.
- You can find your potential link partners by searching on major search engines like Google and Yahoo for your targeted keywords and then visit each website in top 100 or top 200 listings.
Make sure that the site you are requesting a link exchange related to yours. When a potential link partner has been found, you will want to go ahead and add your potential partner's link to the appropriate category in your site's link directory and then send an email to the potential link partner stating:
- That you have linking to your potential link partner.
- A direct link to the page where the potential link partner listing can be found.
- How it would benefit to the potential link partner's if linking to you.
- Your linking details. To achieve better result, you should not get backlinks to your home page only.
Try to get links pointing to your other webpages too. Also use more than one keyword anchor text. Article Marketing Writing several articles and submitting them to article directories for publication is a great way to build one-way links. By including a link to your website in your articles resource box, you not only gain quality one-way links but also drive free targeted traffic to your site.
Your articles may drive truckloads of traffic if they are impressive. There are hundreds of article directories if not thousands. You can find them by going to Google and entering the search term 'article directories'. Directories Submitting your website's link to directories is another way of getting backlinks.
Directories normally offer 3 types of listings:
- Paid listing
- Free listing
- Free listing but require a link back from you.
If you choose the first or third option and your website meets the submission guidelines and rules of the directories, your link will usually be listed within days.
If you select the second option, you have to wait longer and your website's listings aren't guaranteed. Getting listed in quality directories with Google page rank 7 or higher such as DMOZ and Yahoo directory can be more beneficial for increasing your rankings than a lot of links from smaller and newer directories.
But it is not easy to be accepted by these quality directories. Press release is simply an announcement of an important event for your business. Just like article marketing, you can gain one-way links by writing a press release with a link pointing to your site and submitting it to other websites.
To find websites that accept press release, you can go to Google and enter the search term 'submit press release'. Affiliate Program If you are selling a product or a membership service, launching an affiliate program is a good idea to increase both your inbound links and online sales.
Webmasters that are interested to market your product will place your link on their websites and you get free one-way links.
|Current Ratings: 4 by 6 visitors Total Views : 966|
|» About the Author|
Name: Alan Liew