Tips to boost traffic, increase website visibility, and let the world know you exist
Directories help locate websites within specific or definite categories. The difference between search engines and directories is that, directories feature only vetted websites, sites that have a certain standard and contain information of
Directories help locate websites within specific or definite categories. The difference between search engines and directories is that, directories feature only vetted websites, sites that have a certain standard and contain information of substance.
One of the aims of using directories is to boost traffic. To achieve this, one must choose to be featured in large, organized directories like Yahoo, DMOZ, and LookSmart. These will drive highly targeted traffic to you site (subject specific), increase significantly the link popularity, and Google PageRank.
To maximize exposure:
- Find a category that is most relevant to your website. The category and subcategories must totally fit the subject of your site and its purpose. For example, if your site is health related business the site must feature under health and not business. Only then, will surfers seeking health related websites access yours. Do a keyword search that is relevant to your site on the directory. The directory will throw up categories relevant to the key words. Choose one which is suited in all aspects.
- Coin a title and description that will boost traffic not reduce it. The title must be “dead on.” It should include the most important key word and if possible begin with a letter towards the beginning of the alphabet. And, the 15-25 word description should succinctly summarize the purpose or functions of your site. While being descriptive and informative, try and weave in as many keywords pertaining to your site as possible.
- Purchase keywords from one of the pay-per-click search engines or directories.
- Make the website search engine friendly.
- Pay attention to text and image content. Heavy images reduce Search engine visibility.
- Use back links on appropriate directories and trade or business listings. Check out the back links used by competitors.
- Add new content regularly. This encourages visitors and search engine spiders to return. Make sure the content is keyword rich.
- Start and maintain a web log or blog. This can become an active way to boost traffic while simultaneously disseminating information.
- Market your website by printing its address on business cards, paper bags, packaging and so on. Distribute an e-zine or updates as newsletters regularly to customers and business associates.
- Consider paying search engines for improved listings and fast appraisal of your site.
- Direct content towards search engines by adopting cloaking technology.
- Run advertisements on related web sites and mailing lists.
- Adopt a reciprocal link program.
There are simple steps to victory: be different, make sure your website is refreshing and delivers what it promises; create a network of supporters; be honest in your business ventures; deliver on time at affordable costs; be a learner all your life, constantly innovate your website to keep stride with changing times; carve out an exclusive niche and diversify in directions that are relevant to your business module.
Abut the Author: Paul Wilson is a freelance writer for www.1866WebDirectory.com, the premier website directory provides human edited categorized website listings including business websites, news websites, gaming websites, shopping websites, travel websites and more. He also freelances for www.1888PressRelease.com.
|Current Ratings: None Total Views : 554|
|» About the Author|
Name: Paul Wilson
|» Related Links|