Search Engine Optimization
This article talks about search engine optimization. It explains what search engines are looking for and a couple of ways to design search engine friendly websites.
Search engine optimization is also known as (SEO). It is the process of increasing the amount of visitors to your website by ranking high in the search results of a search engine. The higher your website ranks in the results of a search, means the greater chance that your website will be visited by a user. Statistics have shown that it is a common practice for internet users to not click through many pages of search results, so where your website ranks in a search is essential for directing more traffic toward your website. SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine.
But performing SEO on your website is very difficult and time consuming and for those who have no idea of what theyíre doing, it can be torture. Most internet beginners believe that all they have to do is simply submit there websites to all the major search engines and they will get insane amounts of traffic only to find out that theyíll be lucky to have the search engines send them 10 visitors a year. There are many things needed to create the perfect search engine friendly website so letís talk about a few of them.
- First and foremost, you need to research and find great quality keywords that are relevant to what youíre selling. You canít simply add Bill Gates to your keywords tag and think youíll get traffic especially if what your site content is about has nothing to do with Bill Gates. This is considered spam by many search engines and they will penalize you for this. My suggestion is to research key-phrases that are related to your website. Pick key-phrases that less people are using. Donít try to compete with the big boys right off the bat.
- Now that you have your key-phrases you will need to design and create a website around these key-phrases without using them repeatedly. Search engines also consider this spam. Your key-phrases have to sound smooth when your site is read and also be placed in the most important to least important order in your keywords Meta tags.
- Make sure you have some of your keywords in your website Meta Description as well without repeating them. Keep your description to no more then 150 characters. Try to explain the content on your website in the best and shortest possible way. This is what will show when your site appears on search engine listings.
- Try to add you main keyword to your website title and URL. Search engines love this. Your site will jump major rankings just because of this trick alone. But donít abuse this trick because search engines will penalize you big-time.
- And finally add content to your site. Search engines want content. They donít care how great your site looks. Whenever someone performs a search, search engines will only display sites with the most relevant content. This is only the tip of the iceberg but it will help in getting your website in the right direction.
About the author: Joe Terceira is the creator of The Ultimate Affiliate Business eBook http://www.affiliate-free-ebook.com It is a free eBook download for eBook marketing. Use this free marketing eBook online and get free internet advertising. Inside this downloadable eBook is the top affiliate program which is also a free affiliate eBook.
|Current Ratings: 10 by 1 visitors Total Views : 432|
|» About the Author|
Name: Joe Terceira